After Parties / Admin Assistant / Summer Position
As an integral member of Regina Folk Festival’s dynamic team, the After Parties Assistant (APA) will assist with all aspects of the 2015 Regina Folk Festival After Parties events and will work with all of the members of the RFF team to ensure that we put together a fabulous festival – August 7th to 9th in Victoria Park.
- Managing After Parties Volunteers
- Assist marketing After Parties
- Assist with arranging Security & First Aid for After Parties
- Oversee venue decoration, set-up/takedown and venue mapping
- Assist with the After Parties hospitality including bar and food orders
- Work in partnership with the After Parties technical coordinator to assist with stage managing and arranging sound/lighting needs
- Manage entrance and ticketing system
- General Office Administration: reception, filing, management of storage spaces and inventory, meeting set up, supplies, and other duties as required.
Skills, abilities, and experience required for the position include:
- A post-secondary level of education being undertaken, preferably in fields of study pertaining to arts, arts management, event management, and/or business administration related studies
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to conduct oneself in a professional manner
- Strong organizational skills and good attention to detail
- Ability to work well with others and independently
- Good understanding of Macintosh Environment and Office Software
- An interest in the promotion and development of arts and culture in Saskatchewan
- Experience with event management would be a definite asset
Student applicants musts be a Saskatchewan resident; legally entitled to work in Canada; at least 15 years of age; and enrolled as a student at a secondary or post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies after the period of employment.
The APA will work at the RFF office under the direct supervision of the Artistic Director and with other full-time staff members, in a safe, healthy, and supportive workplace environment consistent with Sask Labour standards of practice. The APA would work 35 hours per week for 16 weeks, with extended hours over festival weekend, and occasional training sessions/meeting outside of regular office hours. The anticipated start date is May 4, 2015.
Please apply via email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is Monday, March 23, 2015.
Only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. This position is dependent on confirmation of funding for summer student employment.