Thanks for sending us your funny, practical and sage advice! We now feel ready to face this beast that is SK winter! YEE-HAW!
Without further ado, here is an abbreviated Top 10!
10. Drink delicious bevvies. These may include apple cider with rum, eggnog and rum, coffee with Bailey's, a nice tawny port, or some straight up whiskey. Warm up from the inside out! These bevvies should be accompanied with cuddles or following some brisk shovelling, ideally there is a fire to cozy up to.
9. Y'all love your soup. Homemade soup makes you guys feel the best.
8. Wooly layers are key. Get your toques, socks, slippers, wrist warmers and chunky cable-knit sweaters out. NOW!
7. For the outer layers, nothing beats Sorel boots and a quality down-filled parka.
6. Get outside and play! Grab some cross-country skiis, take a nice long walk, take some kidlets tobogganing, or even have a fire outside. A lot of you think this is the ultimate key to getting by; you must actually enjoy the winter landscape!
5. OR, stay inside and play! This is also a nice time to cuddle up with a good book, catch some sweet Netflix or play board games with your buds.
4. Some of you are VERY PRACTICAL. This is the best parent-level advice: Take care of your car. Stash a lighter in your parka. Prepare an emergency kit for your vehicle and include a sleeping bag, a mini-shovel, granola bars, matches. Let people know where you are going if you're travelling.
3. Keep up a good attitude - the same attitude that keeps you standing and dancing in the pouring rain to watch your favourite RFF act! Keep smiling!
2. Listen to good music - in your earbuds and at your fave bar, club or pub. Find some sweet RFF Concerts to attend.
1. Prepare for next summer with Regina Folk Festival 2015 weekend passes. Buy 'em now as part of the RFF Lovers Sale!