Regina Folk Festival Inc.
Sponsorship & Communications Assistant / Summer position
As an integral member of RFF Inc.’s dynamic team, the Sponsorship & Communications Assistant (SCA) will assist the Sponsorship & Communications Coordinator (SCC) with sponsorship and communications for the 2014 Regina Folk Festival (RFF) with specific focus on media relations, publicity, advocacy, sponsor recognition and appreciation, social media and other marketing.
The Sponsorship & Communications Assistant will work with all of the members of the RFF team to ensure that we put together a fabulous festival in 2014 – August 8th to 10th in Victoria Park. The SCA will be responsible for administrative duties including: reception, filing, management of storage spaces and inventory, meeting set up, supplies, and other duties as required.
The SCA will also prepare all backstage passes and on site lanyards for artists, staff, festival team members, guests and sponsors as well as prepare advocacy and sponsorship tours on site at the 2014 festival. Other duties include working with team leaders in the following areas: Office Volunteers, First Aid, Media Liaison, Massage, Photography and Communications Hub to ensure the successful operation of these areas at the festival. These responsibilities include leading planning meetings, assisting in recruiting volunteers, assisted in training volunteers, and ensuring details are not missed.
This is a summer term for 35 hours per week for 15 weeks starting May 5th, 2014. Some evening work and intense work over festival week (August 5th to 10th, 2014) as well as regular office hours are required.
List of Requirements:
- Knowledge and experience with social media applications and marketing is a must
- Strong organizational and communication skills and good attention to detail
- Administrative skills including working databases, letter writing, filing
- Knowledge of event coordination is an asset
- Post-secondary student with studies in arts, marketing, business administration or related area of study is preferred
- Must be returning to full-time studies in the fall
- Computer literate with ability to use MS Office Software
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Previous experience working with non-profit organizations
- Ability to work well with others and independently
- Professionalism and strong customer service skills
Please apply via email only to: email@example.com
Deadline for applications is Friday, March 28th, 2014
Only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. This position is dependent on confirmation of funding for summer student employment.